Monday, April 12, 2010

Headed for the Mountains

I need to recharge my batteries, so we're headed for the hills for the week.  Hopefully I can put a few photos and commentary up.  It all depends on the signal I get.  As always, I'll be on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/fishingpipe) but it may be spotty depending on the cell service up in those mountains along the Blue Ridge.  I'm taking my lap top, the Nikon D70, and the Canon SD-1000.  Whether I'll break any or all of them out remains to be seen. Or, in better terms, depends on the size fish I am catching.

Critical Item Travel Check List

1.  Smoking pipe bag with two bent pipes and one straight pipe:  Check
2.  Tobacco bag (Trout Stream blend) and new tins (Nutty Irishman blend): Check
3.  Fly rod case with 4 weight and 5-6 weight rods:  Check
4.  Fly reel with new line: Check
5.  Waders and wading boots:  Check
6.  Wading bag with two fly cases: Check
7.  Tech bag with lap top, cameras, and lenses: Check
8.  Fishing hat and lucky fishing t-shirt:  Check
9.  Crown Royal and Balvenie 12-Year Doublewood:  Check
10.  Leather Journal:  Check
11.  Bibles, family devotional book, copies of the Westminster Catechism:  Check

OK, I'll throw in some clothes and a couple pairs of shoes and be on my way!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment