Friday, August 13, 2010

Coupon Master


couponfood.jpg
Originally uploaded by Joe Jon!
Stacie continues her dominance in the world of couponing. I remember when we first got married. She would go to the grocery store with 2-3 coupons she happened to see in the paper. Now she has a huge red binder all sectioned out in some order with pages upon pages of baseball card holders full of coupons.  The detail to organization is amazing!

She gets pretty excited when she scores huge savings. For the year she has been averaging around $32 paid for every $100 worth of food, and she plans to do much better.She tells me she wants to dip below $25 per $100 soon.

Tonight she sent me this picture of a number of items, including milk, orange juice, french bread (yummy french toast!), Pop Tarts, apple sauce, Rice Krispy Treats, cheddar cheese, yogurt, cereal, turkey breast, etc. She brought this nice pile of food home for the grand total of $3.65.

Yes, that is three dollars and some change. One gallon of milk should have cost that.  This trip is certainly going to lower her average!

She is getting good!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back at the blog. I miss the updates. Hope y'all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Stacie! I'm still around $40 spent for every $100 worth of food because I am very brand loyal for some things and I just can't find coupons for them. I need to get over that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one thing she has actually been good at finding - deals on the name brands. She has recently been getting them for less than the off-brands.

    I'm wondering when the local grocers are going to start kicking her out! LOL

    ReplyDelete