Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Mighty Friend - Part 10 of the Series

1a by Joe Jon!
1a, a photo by Joe Jon! on Flickr.
One neighbor has lived in our neighborhood her entire life, some 68-years. She said this mighty Oak tree was enormous even when she was a little girl. The tiny portion of tree hugger in me did go down to embrace it, if only to measure its great size, and I was not even able to get half way around its gigantic girth. I discovered this tree when we first moved here and was instantly drawn to its majesty and size. I would enjoy its shade and sit under it quietly, pipe in hand, to reflect on life's simple pleasures. It gave me shade in the heat of summer and protection from the wind in the coolness of spring. I am so fond of this Oak. This poor picture does it no justice as it is truly a beautiful work of God’s creation. It will fall in the next day or two after enduring for so long. And I will miss my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment