Monday, May 31, 2010

My Idea of a Great Saturday Afternoon

Beaver Creek. Near West Jefferson, NC.

Our family mountain home, built by my father nearly 25 years ago, is a treasure. It was great to go up with my wife and kids and spend time with my mom and brother for a long holiday weekend. The rain didn't bother us too much as the weather did pretty much the opposite of what the weatherman predicted the entire time.

We enjoyed the Farmer's Market, where I bought a few flies to try. The green bead-head wooly bugger is the most dependable. I tried a few others, but this is the one I keep coming back to for dependably catching trout (and any other fish nearby).

The boys swam in the river 2-3 times and we rode the 4-wheeler quite a bit. We had a campfire by the river each night and listened to bluegrass music while I smoked my pipe and enjoyed the new Crown Royal "Black" blend. I was just sad the weekend went by so quickly. It was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment