Monday, October 18, 2010

Hanging Out Back


downsized951017001720.jpg
Originally uploaded by Joe Jon!
So life has been stalled the last few days while several of us have been quite sickly. It started earlier last week when Gabe started throwing up one evening. The next day Caden was throwing up through the night. By Friday evening Ethan and I joined the fun, and Stacie, though not vomiting, was worn down and feeling pretty bad all day Saturday.

Since Friday evening I have lost eleven pounds of weight from not eating or drinking for three days. I was able to go in this morning long enough to do payroll for my team, but quickly abandoned any aspirations of putting in a full day by mid-morning, leaving to get some rest at home. I worked a wee bit from my home office, but am only beginning to recover a little energy from gulping down 64 oz. of Gatorade throughout the day. I ate a few corn chips for lunch, as well, and some mesquite chicken at supper was surprisingly gentle on my tummy.

I have a good 12-14 days of vacation to burn before the end of the year. We're definitely planning on escaping to the beach for another week. We may do some regional travel, as well, over a couple of long weekends. But the idea that really appeals to me is using a few days for a "staycation" and just staying at home. Maybe I'll do a little painting or fix up a few things. Or catch up on some reading. Or just plain rest. As hectic as things have been the last 120-days I could use a little time to do "nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment